The Falkland Islands Company Limited and Falkland Islands Holdings PLC through our website www.ficukbrandsdirect.com are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data which we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.ficukbrandsdirect.com. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, placing an order with us or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
2. IP addresses
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operation system and browser type. We collect this information for the purpose of system administration and to collate information for advertising purposes. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
3. How we store your personal data
All information that you provide to us is stored on our servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access.
4. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you requested from us or which we consider may be of interest to you (including information on products and services available in Stanley from the Falkland Islands Company Limited), where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
If you do not want us to use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you, or to pass your details onto third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box on the order form.
5. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to Falklands Islands Holdings PLC
or its subsidiary companies or any joint venture companies.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If the Falkland Islands Company Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by the company about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If Falkland Islands Holdings PLC is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by the company about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
- If we are required to disclose or share your personal data in order to enforce our sites terms and conditions and any contract between you and us; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Falkland Islands Company Limited or Falklands Islands Holdings PLC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the order forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercising the right at any time by contacting us.
7. Third-party websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of other companies. If you follow and link to any of these websites, please note that these website have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility for liability for these polices. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. Access to information
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information held by us about you in return for a small fee. You also have the right to request that we correct any inaccuracies in your information.
Last updated on 28 September 2014.